About GarlandBurks Marketing
Welcome to GarlandBurks Marketing and the official launch of our blog. We wanted to introduce our agency officially to everyone for our first post.
Why the name GarlandBurks?
A question we get asked often is why did we name our agency GarlandBurks Marketing? A name is an important part of branding, one of the most important parts. We brainstormed many options throughout the process from just being “The Burks”, which is how we have branded ourselves for years, to going away from our names entirely. Heather was throwing out ideas and mentioned one of her favorite TV Show’s Mad Men. She mentioned how she loved how their agency Sterling Cooper Advertising Agency always showed the partnership of the two owners. Heather’s maiden name is Garland, Walter’s last name is Burks. After some sleeping on it, GarlandBurks Marketing was decided upon. Because of this, we wanted the name to reflect that Heather and Walter are equal partner owners in our agency.
Why did we start GarlandBurks Marketing?
Our owners, Heather and Walter Burks, have always had a love of marketing. Heather was a marketing major in college and Walter was a political science & business major. However, their wedding photography took off in late high school and carried them through college. At the end of college, they decided to continue it on since it was allowing them to travel all over the country and world as destination wedding photographers. They continued for 13 years and loved doing it. In 2017 their love of marketing was sparked again during their time running the mayor of Gastonia’s campaign. From 2017 to 2019 they were involved with multiple community marketing projects and they started their transition over. GarlandBurks Marketing soft-launched in September of 2019 and immediately we had a pretty full client load. The official ribbon cutting was in December 2019 and we are all so excited to be able to do something we love so much.
What does GarlandBurks Marketing Offer?
Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing is one of our favorite services we offer. We keep our agency boutique so that you can have a personal touch to your social media marketing. We have packages that range from basic to advanced depending on your social media needs. Daily Management is an added stress to most business owners. We can take that stress away from you. We will discuss your social media needs and what channels your business wants to focus on. From this, we will develop a plan and pricing that fits your business. We focus on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google. We will work together with your business to create an ad creation schedule that fits your budget. We will create and manage ads that can reach your target market and clientele. We can create Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google ads. We have options for basic ad creation and management to focus on your target market to more advanced ad creation and management. We offer basic and full-service packages that take all your social media postings over. So you never have to worry about that again. We will schedule posts, create graphics from your provided content, and deal with the day to day comments, messages, and questions on your social media accounts. We can help you grow and increase your social media presence, whether you are starting new or growing a current social media base. Find more in our social media portfolio here: https://garlandburks.com/social-media-marketing/
We bring 13 years of professional photography experience to the table to make sure your content creation is professional and eye-catching. If you would rather us help you with content, rather than providing your own, we can work together to figure out a package that fits your needs. We have monthly, quarterly, and as-needed options. We can also offer social media videos to add to your content. We offer graphic design services to add and enhance your content. From event announcements to eye-catching designs, we can help add to your already provided content to make it stand out. Influencer Marketing is a large part of the current marketing world. We can work with you to develop a budget and connect you with influencers to provide new and fresh content to your social media networks. We can also work on campaigns to help raise brand awareness through your target market. We can help manage and seek out current community content to add new and fresh content to your social media profiles. We will curate this content to help fit your brand and aesthetic. See our content creation portfolio here: https://garlandburks.com/content-creation/
We can develop a new brand or rebrand your business from just logo creation to full branding with marketing materials and print. We can also build on your current branding to offer additional designs and materials for your business. We can meet with you to discuss and evaluate your current branding, then develop a plan to appeal to your target market. We can consult with you about how you want your brand to be perceived and develop a plan to get your business there. We offer full-service and basic web design projects. We can build your business with a whole new website or revamp your current one. We will walk you through the process of registering your domain, secure web hosting, and get your website ready to go from start to finish. If you already have branding you love, we can build on this through promotional materials and print materials. We can help design business cards, postcards, and print advertising. We have experience designing billboards, newspaper ads, and direct mail. We will also work with you to set a budget and create an advertising campaign that works for your business. We can also help build your branding through professional headshots, custom brand images, and branding photography sessions. See our branding portfolio here: https://garlandburks.com/branding/ & our web-design portfolio here: https://garlandburks.com/web-design/
Organic reach is a wonderful tool but without paid advertising in some form, your business can not truly reach its full marketing potential. We will work with you to come up with an advertising budget that can both help you succeed and fit into your marketing budget. Our standard and advanced social media marketing both include social media advertising built-in. However, advertising can be booked as a stand-alone service. We offer both basic and advanced advertising based on your needs and budget. Basic advertising is targeted advertising to get your current content in front of your target audience. This is best to increase brand awareness and engagement. Advanced advertising can take this a step further pushing very targeted ads to potential clients. Advanced advertising is best for driving sales and increasing profits. Our services include pixel installation and advertising, re-targeting ads, geofencing ads, and Google Adwords. Social media advertising is just one of the avenues of advertising we offer. We can also help with print, radio, billboards, direct mail, and various types of print advertising. We can handle the whole process from graphic design to coordination of the advertisement so that you don’t have to worry at all about the process.
Why should you book GarlandBurks Marketing?
- We are a boutique marketing company and focus on quality over quantity. We keep our client list small so you can get the best service from us. Every piece of marketing we do for your company passes through the hands of our owners, Heather & Walter.
- We do everything in-house and do not outsource. From branding to photography to advertising, everything is done by GarlandBurks Marketing. This ensures we know your brand and can provide a personal touch to all of your marketing.
- We take a personal approach to our marketing and truly invest ourselves in your businesses. When you win, we celebrate with you! We truly want to see our clients growing and succeeding, this is much more than a job to us.
- You will always have personal contact with someone from GarlandBurks Marketing. Whether you prefer to text or email, you will be able to talk to us during our business hours.
- We have 13+ years of experience in professional photography, graphic & web design, and marketing for both our own businesses and others. You can trust us to use our expertise both as business owners & marketing professionals to take care of you.
- We are Sprout Social certified and agency partners. We spent months researching and trying out the best analytics software to make sure our clients are getting the most out of the marketing.
- We spend our free time out in our community. We love the community, meeting new people, and exploring new places. It is one of our favorite things as a marketing agency!
- We could go on and on, but contact us today to learn more about us as a marketing agency. We would love to get to know more about your business: https://garlandburks.com/contact/
What are some fun facts about GarlandBurks Marketing?
- Our owners love to travel and have been to all 50 states & 14 countries together. It took them about 5.5 years to complete all 50 states together. They decided they had to set foot in & make a memory in each state (and of course take a photo).
- Walter and Heather have been together 16 years, since 2004. They met at 11 years old & started dating in 8th grade. They have been together ever since and got married in 2011.
- We love technology at GarlandBurks Marketing and follow all the latest news. Though it changes often our current obsessions are our new Macbook Pros, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPad Pro.
- Our owner’s favorite holiday is Halloween. They go all out at their house with decor, fog machines, and costumes. It’s always a great time!
- We have an office dog, Jagger a 9-year-old Maltese. He is cute but crazy and most the time just sleeps while we work.
Contact us today to let us do the work for you! We look forward to hearing from you!